DUCHESNE — A Duchesne man died Friday, one day after he was injured at a natural gas compressor station in Duchesne County, according to investigators and the man’s family.
Daniel Patrick Roach was working Thursday at Kinder Morgan’s East Compressor Station about one mile east of Altamont when he was critically injured, Duchesne County Sheriff’s Lt. Jeremy Curry said.
Witnesses told investigators that Roach, 37, was working on a “pig launcher release valve” at the compressor station just before 3 p.m., Curry said. When Roach released pressure from the valve, it spun around and hit him in the head and face, the lieutenant said.
Roach was taken to Uintah Basin Medical Center in Roosevelt and then flown to a Wasatch Front hospital. Crystal Roach said her husband died the following day.
Daniel Roach was an organ donor, his wife said, and was able to donate his organs to help others in need.
“Even in death, he gave all he had,” she said.
Funeral services for Roach, who also leaves behind a 7-year-old son, were still pending Tuesday. An online account* has been established to help his family with funeral expenses.