Out of nothing more than sheer curiosity, I decided to ask some pretty personal questions of our members. So we asked 20 women what they wanted from their Oilmen, and here’s what we got. Seems like perceptions about what our mates want and what they think we want seem to differ somewhat.
So in the ever so important effort of bringing helpful insights and humor to your lives – I present you with the FACTS! ( yeah…it’s a lot of reading, but it’s worth it) ~Lori
What 20 women said they want from their Oilmen:
- I want him to be happy, well fed, and help with the animals, long tight hugs,and a cup of coffee (he makes the best) and maybe one night he cooks dinner.
- My man hung the moon. What more could I ask for.
- I just want attention! Stop calling everyone on the rig & everyone else you know in the world. Put facebook down & stop playing games on your phone. Put in a movie & hold me.
- His love.
- Him! Just him! As he is! I love him! Sometimes hate his job but love who he is!
- Like it matters. We really have no say. It’s oilfield n the job always comes first. The Co man’s wants are more important than ours.
- Honesty, loyalty, fidelity, love, to treat us with respect and unity.
- All his love and most of his money!!!!!!!
- Just time with him and for him to be safe while away along with trustworthy honesty faithful
- I want safe, I want him happy, I want to be his everything, I want my man to appreciate everything we build together even when we are apart. I want his life away from home to be as stress free as possible. I want to feel know that when he is home he can relax (somewhat) and feel how loved and appreciated he is.
- Right now I want hubby to go back to I love him but having him for nine months is long enough
- Respect and honesty… Lots of love and attention when he’s home!
- I want him home… As often as possible. I hate sleeping alone. I miss him. I miss his voice. I miss a hug at the end of a bad day. I miss someone there to take care of me when I need it.
- I love enjoying the time we have together. That’s the most important thing in our relationship.
- To be faithful, be safe at work so I don’t have to think about ever living without him, and be a loving husband to me and a loving father to our daughters. I have everything I could have ever imagined in a husband, he is a wonderful faithful man, a great provider for our family and my best friend! I couldn’t ask for anyone better to share my life with.
- I want him to invest our money elsewhere and get out of the oilfield. His kids miss him terribly and money is great, but not that great to miss life.
- FAITHFUL! Honesty. Respect. To many nasty sales women out there that know nothing about the oilfield, and care less that he has a ring on his finger and kids back home. And get off your phone when you’re home! You’ve had 14 days isolated on a rig, and time to be on your phone. Don’t cone home and glue yourself to it like its more important that time with your family! AND you and your partner are equally yoked. Don’t look down on your stay at home mom/wife and throw in her face that you make all the money and she does nothing!
- I’m an oilfield woman, and I would like for my husband to help more around the house cause I work many hours and am too tired when I’m home!!
- My husband is amazing. I have to say that even with the long times away from us I never worry about who he is with, I worry about who’s got his back out there. I worry if he’s eating right and drinking enough water. He always tells me he loves me and that I’m beautiful each and every day. I wanted to take this time to say how much I appreciate how hard his job is. I worked the same job out there and being away from your family that much is really hard. So all I want from my oilfield man is for him to come home safe.
DO YOU HAVE A COMMENT TO ADD? PLEASE…GO RIGHT AHEAD 😉 YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!